India, with an aim of preserving its fauna and flora, has built several national parks and animal reserves across its latitudes and longitudes. Out of them, Kanha National Reserve, in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the largest. Spread over an area of 940 sq km, the national park is so huge that it covers two adjacent districts of Madhya Pradesh. How to reach Kanha national park? Well, the best part of this national park is its location. Jabalpur and Gondia are the nearest railway stations from where it is hardly a 4-hour pleasant drive to the national park. About the weather, Kanha National Park region is hot during summers and quite cold during winters. Thus, in both these seasons, your visit to the park might not be as good because extreme temperatures are not favourable for animals. Thus, the best time to visit the national park is from mid October to July end.
There Are 7 Facts About This National Park, Which Will Blow Your Mind. Let’s Take A Look:
- Kanha National Park saved the endangered Barasingha deer from extinction. Due to high amount of poaching, the deer disappeared from Arunachal Pradesh and West Bengal and also from our neighbouring countries such as Pakistan and Bangladesh. Owing to the situation, the authorities made great effort for the replenishment of the species and that’s how the deer got its home. The national park also has a mascot from the Barasingha community, Bhoorsingh.
- The forest of the national park is naturally divided into highland and low land. Owing to the difference in vegetation, the park becomes a home to a wider range of animals.
- Banjar and Halon are the two small rivers which provide to the animals within the park.
- Kanha National park is also home to the endangered Dhole Indian species of wild dog which is aggressive and lives in packs.
- Kanha is home to more than 300 species of birds.
- Kanha National Park has 4 entry points and each gate explores a specific zone of the jungle.
- Kanha National Park remains closed between 1st July and 15th
There are varied options of accommodation around Kanha National Park. Hotels in Kanha are spacious, clean and the rooms are well appointed with all the modern amenities. Among the Kanha National Park resorts, The Bagh Bharatpur, Kanha is the best. Enjoy luxury and comfort at this beautiful property right in the lap of forests and fauna.